Job Title: Computer Field Technician (Decatur / Effingham Illinois Area)
Reports To: Regional Service Manager
Job Overview: A Lazerware Computer Field Technician is an integral part of our team of customer service champions and the face of the company. They must be technically proficient, personable, friendly, and responsible. This position includes providing both remote and onsite customer service and support. The client focus is with the technology needs and maintenance of public libraries in the Decatur/Effingham Illinois area, though it may also include servicing small businesses. An ideal candidate is process driven. They understand that completing specified tasks of documented processes result in superior customer service.
Compensation: $34,000 – $40,000 to start, based on experience.
Position Type: Full Time
Benefits: Company vehicle, company phone, company laptop, health Insurance (shared cost).
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must reside in the Decatur / Effingham Illinois area.
- Education level.
- Computer Services degree or similar life skills/experience.
- Technical Experience.
- Proficient use and troubleshooting of Windows 7, 8, & 10 Operating systems.
- Fortinet and Ubiquiti network installation and ongoing support.
- Network security and consulting regarding compliance.
- Network operations for monitoring and solving Internet connection issues.
- Wireless network: assessments, installation, and support.
- Desktop and Laptop troubleshooting.
- Anti-Virus/Malware software installation.
- Virus and Malware removal.
- Small printer installation, maintenance & repair.
- Other Specific Skills.
- Accurate and timely record keeping for activity and billing purposes.
- Project Management.
- Asset Management.
- Typing/Data Entry.
- A familiarity with ConnectWise, would be a plus.
- Personal characteristics.
- Excellent communicator.
- Punctual; On-time.
- Clean driving record.
- Physical abilities.
- Must be able to lift & carry up to 60 pounds.
Qualified candidates can complete the application form, attach their resume and click the “Submit Your Application” button.